Vastu is the ancient Indian tradition of architecture. Its use is spreading again in India and elsewhere. One of the leading lights in this renewal is the famed temple architect Ganapathi Sthapati.
Vastu means the dwelling of humans & Gods. Vaastu_Shastra is an ancient science which helps one to get the natural benefits freely offered by the five basic elements of the universe in which we all live. These basic elements are Akaash (SKY), Prithvi (EARTH), Paani (WATER), Agni (FIRE), and Vayu (WIND). Vastu Shastra can be applied by keeping in harmony with these basic five elements of nature. It is an edifice science that was developed by our learned people thousands of years ago. Its application today is purely architectural and its principles are based on becoming one with nature.
Many Vastu rules are derived from ‘Vastu Purusha Mandala’ which is depicted as a man lying with his head pointing north east, in a grid of usually 64 squares. The different directions and sectors are assigned to different Gods and Guardians.
- What is Vastu?
- History of Vastu
- Is Vastu a science ?
- Nirvana, a tropical treasure trove carved in stone
- Modern Physics and Vastushastra
- Vaastu Shilpa Shaastra (Eastern) or Feng Shui (Oriental)
- A temple dedicated to the arts
- Vasthu vs geo-politics
- Helix and Energy Flow in Vastushastra
- Vedic home design said to provide health, prosperity
- ‘Vaastu must not be misinterpreted’
- Tame that unruly mind
- Vastu Energetics
- Astrology and Vastushastra
- Earth-shaking tenets, the very essence of Vaasthu
- Purging pollution
- An Ancient Science Reveals How to Build in Harmony with Natural Law
- Plan well for your perfect home
- Symmetry-Asymmetry and Vastushastra
- Want a job? Get your handwriting right
- Of deities and directions
- Sthapatya Ved
- Articles on Vastu Shastra
- Vastu Design
- Vaastu and Geopathy